Companies House is an executive agency of the department of trade and industry, and has five main functions:
- the registration of new limited companies
- the registration of documents required to be delivered under the companies, insolvency and related legislation
- the provision of limited company information to the public
- dissolution and striking off limited companies from the register
- ensuring that limited companies comply with their obligations in connection with the above functions
There are currently more than one million limited companies registered at Companies House and each files documents, such as accounts and annual returns, which are open to public inspection. Historical data is held from 1844. You can order a company search through Companies Limited.
Companies House have seven offices nationwide.
55-71 City Road
020 7253 9393
0121 233 9047
25 Queen Street
0113 233 8338
75 Mosley Street
0161 236 7500
37 Castle Terrace
0131 535 5800
7 West George Street
0141 221 5513
The information provided on this page has been sourced through Companies House.
< Back to Companies Information
^ Top of the page